Congratulations to Fig's 2017 Social Impact Scholarship Winner Samantha Crumrine!
Fig Tech Inc. is excited to announce our inaugural annual scholarship for social impact. Everyone at Fig is driven by their passion for helping communities become financially healthy, so we’ve created the Fig Loans Scholarship to help students who aspire to be a positive force for change in their communities.
Since decision-making at the local level is becoming an important part of civic life, being a good citizen is more important than ever, and Fig is committed to supporting that growth in our home, Houston.
The Fig Loans scholarship is one of the many ways we hope to empower the leaders of tomorrow. If you have the desire to make a difference with your career, we would love to hear your story!
Who are we looking for? (Eligibility)
- Full-time student enrolled in a two year, four year, or graduate program
- Attending school OR permanent address in the greater Texas area (if your parents live in Texas and you grew up here, you’re eligible!)
- All majors are welcome; positive impact on communities comes in all different forms and we celebrate that!
- Permanent residents or U.S. Citizens
What do we need from you? (Application)
- Current college transcript
- 400 to 800 word essay on the following topic:
At Fig, we’re committed to taking down the predatory lending system, you can learn more about our story here. What’s an issue in your community that you’re passionate about? How did you become passionate about this issue, have you been involved with solving that issue, and how do you plan to use your education to affect long lasting change.
Unfortunately the submission deadline has passed, check out this year's winner on our blog!
Please send your resume, current college transcript and essay to email@example.com. Please also include your name in the title of your email. After the submission deadline, our team will review all applications and select a winner!